Monday, August 13, 2012

Quotable Kids...

Here are a few quotes from the kids in the last few months that I wanted to write down before they are forever forgotten...

Kaden asked me whether or not ghosts have bodies and I said, " I don't know."  So Kaden said, "I'll just ask dad, he's the smart one."

Kaden turned to Maddie and said, "Maddie, you're the funniest person I know!"

I told Maddie that I don't want her to turn four and keep getting bigger.  Then I said, "On second thought, maybe I do want you to turn four, three is exhausting me!"  Maddie just said, "Three is exhausting me too."  ...Good to know we are on the same page with that one.

Kaden was explaining to me that cavemen took pictures of dinosaurs and then after the cavemen died his teachers got the pictures.  He knows this because his teachers showed him pictures of real dinosaurs in school.  I said that the only problem with that is that cavemen didn't have cameras.  To which Kaden replied, "they could use their phones."

Kaden and I were meeting Kent at a restaurant for dinner.  He asked if Kent was there yet and I said I didn't know yet because he had to come all the way from work.  Kaden said, "Yeah-he has to pack up all his money had made at work before he can come.  He works all day so he makes a lot of money and he has to pack it all up!"

Kaden was going through the coins in his piggy bank and wanted to give me some.  He said, "Dad works so hard for money and you keep spending it all.  But I have a whole bank full, so I will give you some."

Maddie was talking about marrying Kaden or her Papa.  I suggested maybe she marries one of her friends like James.  (He is about 1 1/2).  Maddie said, "Yeah, like maybe when he starts talking."

The other day Kaden found some money and he said, "I have so much money....I'm pregnant!"  I think he has his words mixed up a little.

That's it for now...it covers some of the best from the last few months.   Kids...they say the darndest things.

No comments:

Post a Comment