Friday, June 1, 2012

7 Months Old!

Little Alllie Jane is all grown up! Not really, but she is getting bigger by the day.  I think we could also officially consider her to be mobile. She is not crawling, but she is quite efficient with scooting forward on her forearms.  She can get just about anywhere she wants.  We are very close to having to baby proof this house, which we are nowhere close to at this point.  Every time I turn around she is into something new...chewing on an electrical cord, organizing my papers that need to be filed, emptying the trash...whatever her little hands can get to!

After a successful initial attempt, Allie showed a complete and unflinching hatred for baby rice cereal.  So, we have now moved on to other baby foods.  So far she has had sweet potatoes, squash and carrots.  She tried bananas, but did not seem too pleased with those either.  I remember with my first two kids being much more methodical about introducing new food.  Every few days we would add a new food, just to make sure there was no adverse reaction to the previous food.  This time I just sort of walked past the baby food in the grocery store and used my arm to swipe about 20 containers into my cart as I was walking by.  Then, if I actually remember to feed her food, I just grab one out of the pantry and that is what she gets!  Very scientific if you ask me.

One of her milestones in the last week was going from both arms being swaddled when she sleeps to having one arm free.  She is now the one arm wonder when she sleeps.  We had to make the move because she was rolling onto her tummy with both arms being swaddled and then she was kind of stuck.  She is still rolling over with one arm out, so I think we may be done with swaddling in the next couple of weeks.  She already has three appendages free, just one more to go!


(Don't mind the ace bandage, it's just a little extra insurance on the swaddle!)

We all continue to absolutely love and adore this little girl.  She is such a ray of sunshine in our house. She is still just the happiest little baby and always smiling.   Kaden and Maddie are always excited when she wakes up and they can play with them.  They are such loving siblings...just a little overbearing sometimes.  I feel the worst for her when we are in the car.  Allie is facing backwards with a sibling on either side leaning into her carseat and talking right in her face.  Personally, it would make me a little claustrophobic, but she is usually a good sport about all the attention.

1 comment: